Your cart is currently empty!
Delicious Rustic Italian Soup Recipe
This delicious Rustic Italian Soup recipe is a staple in our home since it is simple and quick to make, and boy do we love it! If you want to try and kick it up a notch, try using a flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil 🙂
Serves 4-6 using measurements below
- 3 TBSPs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ a head of Savoy Cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 cans of Navy Beans, or Great Northern Beans, or Cannellini – rinse and drain in colander
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Onion – cut in half and thinly sliced
- 40oz of either Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- 2 cups of Fontina Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- ½” slices of Rustic Bread – toasted, 1 slice per serving
- In a soup pot, bring 2TBSPs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to warm (using medium heat)
- Add Onions and cook until transparent (~3-4 minutes)
- Add Garlic until fragrant (~2 minutes)
- While this is happening, take ½ of the Navy Beans and mash them with a potato masher
- Stir the Onion and Garlic and add the Cabbage. Put the lid on and cook for ~3-4 minutes until Cabbage is getting a little soft
- Add all the Navy Beans (mashed and unmashed) to the pot and cook at medium heat for ~25 minutes until the Cabbage is cooked (Add Salt and Pepper for taste)
- Toast the Rustic Bread and place one slice in the bottom of each serving bowl
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the Toast.
- Ladle the Soup on top
- Add ~½ cup of Fontina Cheese on top of Soup for each serving
And that is it! The total prep time and cook time is about 40 minutes to create this delicious Rustic Italian Soup recipe. Our team has pulled together a few of our favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oils that we personally use to create this delicious Rustic Italian Soup recipe (see below). Let us know what you think and some of your favorite recipes as well below!