Your cart is currently empty!
Roasting the Perfect Turkey
Want to deliver the perfect Martha Stewart turkey to the table with minimal hassle and stress?
Is there really a way that can get you great results without slaving away for days so you can actually enjoy Thanksgiving?
Thankfully the answer is YES TO BOTH and here is how!
The Worry-Free Guide to Roasting the Perfect Turkey uses the effectiveness of a baking stone to deliver heat exactly where it is needed, resulting in a roasted turkey that is crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and cooked uniformly. Follow these step by step instructions to take the stress away as you crush your Thanksgiving turkey!
- 1 Whole Turkey (neck and giblets if desired)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Large Carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Celery Stalks (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ quarts of Chicken Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 TBSPs of Butter
- ¼ cup of Flour
- 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TSP of Soy Sauce (or Coconut Aminos substitute)
- Place a baking stone on an oven rack (lowest position) and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place Turkey breast side up on a V-rack over a foil-lined baking sheet (w/ rim)
- Allow oven to be at 500 degrees F for a minimum of 30mins and then place baking sheet w/ Turkey directly onto the baking stone.
- Immediately reduce oven heat to 300 deg F and roast until golden brown
- The deepest part of the breast should measure 150 deg F and the legs should measure 165 deg F using a meat thermometer (~3-4 hours in total)
- Once finished cooking, remove from oven, and let sit for 30 minutes before starting to carve the Roasted Turkey
- While the Turkey is cooking, chop the neck into 1” chunks using a meat cleaver.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a pan (medium sized) over high heat until it begins to smoke
- Add Turkey neck chunks, carrots, celery, and onions and cook for about 10 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add Soy Sauce, Chicken Stock, and Bay Leaves
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer then simmer for 60 minutes
- Strain liquids and discard any solids
- Finely chop the Turkey liver and gizzard
- Melt the Butter in a pan (medium sized) over medium heat
- Add the chopped Turkey liver and gizzard
- Cook for about 60 seconds stirring constantly
- Add the Flour and continue cooking and stirring constantly for another 3 minutes until golden brown
- Add the broth created in Step 11 in a thin, consistent stream and stirring constantly
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer to cook until thickened
- Season with Salt and Pepper if desired
There you have it! Total prep and cook time is about 4-5 hours. Our team has pulled together a few of our favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oils that we personally use to create this Worry-Free Guide to Roasting the Perfect Turkey (see below). Click here to see a full list of our recipes and let us know what you think as well as some of your favorite recipes below!