Your cart is currently empty!
Homemade Balsamic Glaze
This article shows you how quick and easy it is to make the perfect Homemade Balsamic Glaze using just 1 ingredient (balsamic vinegar) and techniques to hone in on the exact flavor and texture you are looking for! By using a high quality, flavorful and tangy Balsamic Vinegar, we can heat it up in a saucepan until it reaches the consistency and more importantly flavor we desire. Using this heating technique, we reduce the acidty of the balsamic vinegar until it reaches the desired sweetness for a delicious and robust Homemade Balsamic Glaze!
Makes ~ a quarter of the initial volume of the Balsamic Vinegar (eg. 1 cup will make ~1/4 cup of Homemade Balsamic Glaze)
- A High Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- Thats it!
- Preheat a small pan to medium to medium high heat
- Add as much Balsamic Vinegar as you want to make into a glaze (Typically I will use about a cup and it will make ~1/4 cup once reduced. You can double without any issues)
- If you like your Balsamic Glaze to be sweeter (drizzling it over a dessert for example) you can also add some sugar or honey to it and wwhisk it in until it is a consistent mixture!
- Heat to a simmer then reduce the heat to low
- Stir occasionally and leave it simmering on low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until it begins to thicken
- It should reduce to about a quarter of the liquid volume you started with
- Enjoy! 🙂
If you desire a thinner, more acidic taste, you can reduce the cook time and vice versa if you want it sweeter and more thicker/syrupy (just be careful because it will burn if overcooked due to the sugars in the Balsamic Vinegar). This glaze is delicious drizzled over a pizza, salad, or nice piece of toasted bread 🙂