Your cart is currently empty!
Homemade Banana Bread
Constantly throwing away old bananas? Maybe this can be a helpful solution! Homemade Banana Bread is the best way to avoid wasting old bananas that are too soft to enjoy. This recipe works best when you freeze your old bananas for a few days and once you have 3 old bananas then you are ready to begin 🙂
Traditional banana bread recipes call for butter, but instead we are going to swap the butter for Extra Virgin Olive Oil to “health” it up a bit! Using a healthy butter alternative such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil not only reduces your intake of unwanted saturated fats but it also adds antioxidants and vitamins to your now healthier homemade banana bread treat. Not only does it make the snack healthier, it also is now dairy-free and will stay fresher for longer too!
For this recipe, you can choose any Extra Virgin Olive Oil, while using a flavored EVOO can enhance the experience by adding subtle notes of fruits if desired. You can shop our line of proprietary Extra Virgin Olive Oil blends here!
Makes 1 Loaf of Homemade Banana Bread
- 3 Old Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TSP of Salt
- 1 TSP of Baking Soda
- Walnuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease a bread loaf pan using Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a Mixing Bowl, beat the 2 Eggs and beat in the Sugar & Vanilla Extract
- Continue mixing and add in the Bananas until they are pureed into the mix
- Mix in the 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a separate bowl, combine the Flour, Salt, & Baking Soda
- Stir this mixture into the Mixing Bowl until combined but not overmixed
- If using walnuts, add them into the mix
- Pour into the bread loaf pan and then bake for 55 minutes
- Set on a cooling rack before serving
- Enjoy! 🙂
And that is it! Total prep and cook time is ~75 minutes to create this Homemade Banana Bread. Our team has pulled together a few of our favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oils that we personally use to create this recipe (see below). Let us know what you think and some of your favorite recipes as well below!